AVAILABLE OCTOBER 2017
In order to utilise your Azure AD (AAD) or Office 365 credentials to sign into Skype for Business from VIA please first consider the following caveats:
- Changing the sign in method in the VIA portal will immediately affect any subsequent logins to any VIA products. We recommend performing these changes out of core business hours, ensuring colleagues are fully aware of the changes taking place and that the sign in process is fully tested after implementation.
- Once Azure AD / Office 365 Sign In is enabled, users will not be able to sign into Polycom VVX or RealPresence Trio devices. In order to utilise these devices, please create a "Device account" in the VIA portal. This account is solely for the use on an IP device and does not allow for SSO.
- The following client versions DO NOT support VIA SSO:
Office Client 15.0.[0000-4766].*
Office Client 16.0.[0000-4293].*
Office Client 16.0.6001.[0000-1032]
Office Client 16.0.[6000-6224].*
- The latest version of IE must be installed on all Windows based client computers. We WILL NOT provide support for any earlier version installed. This follows Microsoft guidelines: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windowsforbusiness/end-of-ie-support
If you wish to continue with Azure AD / Office 365 Sign In, please follow these instructions:
1) Navigate to the Office 365 Admin Portal: https://portal.office.com
2) Select "Admin Centers", "Azure AD".
3) This will redirect you to the Azure Management Portal. Select "Active Directory", then the name of your user directory.
4) Select "Enterprise applications" from the left menu and then "New application".
5) Under "Add your own app", Select "Non-gallery application".
5) Give the application a name, such as "VIA - Skype for Business". Click "Add". The application will begin to create. This process may take a couple of minutes.
6) In the Quick Start Menu, select "Configure single sign-on". Then select "SAML-based Sign-on". Enter the required information as follows:
Reply URL: https://sts.unifiedcaas.net/adfs/ls
User Identifier: *Select the required user identifier*. The default "user.userprincipalname" is usually the required value.
Please leave all other options as default.
7) Download the Base 64 version of SSO certificate for the Enterprise app.
8) Once the application has been saved, please navigate back to the root directory of the Azure Active Directory. Select "App registrations" then "Endpoints" towards the top of the screen. Please copy the "Federation Metadata document" URL. This is required in the "Enable SSO" section of the VIA portal. Once this has been entered, SSO registration is complete.
9) Create a security group on azure AD called VIA UC Users
10) Add all users who are to have access to VIA UC to this group
11) Goto the Enterprise App created earlier
12) Set the permissions on the app to allow the group created to have access to the application and VIA UC