AVAILABLE JULY/AUGUST 2017
In order to utilise your Azure AD (AAD) or Office 365 credentials to sign into Skype for Business from VIA please first consider the following caveats:
- Changing the sign in method in the VIA portal will immediately affect any subsequent logins to any VIA products. We recommend performing these changes out of core business hours, ensuring colleagues are fully aware of the changes taking place and that the sign in process is fully tested after implementation.
- Once Azure AD / Office 365 Sign In is enabled, users will not be able to sign into Polycom VVX or RealPresence Trio devices. In order to utilise these devices, please create a "Device account" in the VIA portal. This account is solely for the use on an IP device and does not allow for SSO.
- The following client versions DO NOT support VIA SSO:
Office Client 15.0.[0000-4766].*
Office Client 16.0.[0000-4293].*
Office Client 16.0.6001.[0000-1032]
Office Client 16.0.[6000-6224].*
- The latest version of IE must be installed on all Windows based client computers. We WILL NOT provide support for any earlier version installed. This follows Microsoft guidelines: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windowsforbusiness/end-of-ie-support
If you wish to continue with Azure AD / Office 365 Sign In, please follow these instructions:
1) Navigate to the Office 365 Admin Portal: https://portal.office.com
2) Select "Admin Centers", "Azure AD":
3) This will redirect you to the Azure Management Portal (Please note, you cannot currently perform these steps using the new Azure Admin portal). Select "Active Directory", then the name of your user directory.
4) Select "Applications" from the top menu and then click "Add".
5) When the modal box appears select "Add an application my organisation is developing".
6) Select "Web Application and/or Web API" and give the application a name:
7) Enter the details as below:
Sign-on URL: https://sts.unifiedcaas.net/adfs/ls
App ID URI: http://sts.unifiedcaas.net/adfs/services/trust
IMPORTANT: Please ensure the URL's are entered EXACTLY as above.
8) Click the tick to add the Application Endpoint.
9) Once the endpoint has finished creating, click "View Endpoints" towards the bottom of the page.
Copy the "Federation Metadata Document" URL.
10) Enter this federation Metadata URL into the VIA Portal in the "Enable Azure AD SSO" section.