In order to utilise your Azure AD (AAD) or Office 365 credentials to sign into Skype for Business from VIA please first consider the following caveats:
- Changing the sign in method in the VIA portal will immediately affect any subsequent logins to any VIA products. We recommend performing these changes out of core business hours, ensuring colleagues are fully aware of the changes taking place and that the sign in process is fully tested after implementation. Some of these changes have to be made by VIA, and so it's important that step 13 is carried out by appointment only, and at an agreed time. Please contact support or your account manager in order to book this.
- Once Azure AD / Office 365 Sign In is enabled, users will not be able to sign into Polycom VVX or RealPresence Trio devices. In order to utilise these devices, please create a "Device account" in the VIA portal. This account is solely for the use on an IP device and does not allow for SSO.
- The following client versions DO NOT support VIA SSO:
Office Client 15.0.[0000-4766].*
Office Client 16.0.[0000-4293].*
Office Client 16.0.6001.[0000-1032]
Office Client 16.0.[6000-6224].*
- The latest version of IE must be installed on all Windows based client computers. We WILL NOT provide support for any earlier version installed. This follows Microsoft guidelines: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windowsforbusiness/end-of-ie-support
If you wish to continue with Azure AD / Office 365 Sign In, please contact VIA Support. The below process can only be started after verification from VIA Support. Once verified, please follow these instructions:
1) Navigate to the Office 365 Admin Portal: https://portal.office.com
2) Select Admin Centers, then Azure AD.
3) This will redirect you to the Azure Active Directory admin center.
4) Select Enterprise applications from the left menu and then New application.
5) Under Add your own app, Select Non-gallery application.
5) Give the application a name, such as VIA - Skype for Business. Click Add. The application will begin to create. This process may take a couple of minutes.
6) In the Quick Start Menu, under Manage, select Single sign-on. Then select SAML. Enter the required information as follows:
Reply URL: https://sts.unifiedcaas.net/adfs/ls
User Identifier: *Select the required user identifier*. The default user.userprincipalname is usually the required value.
Please leave all other options as default.
7) Copy the App Federation Metadata Url and send the URL to the VIA contact implementing SSO.
8) Create a security group on Azure AD called VIA UC Users
9) Add all users who are to have access to VIA UC to this group
10) Go to the Enterprise App created earlier
11) Set the permissions on the app to allow the group created to have access to the application and VIA UC.