This Article will explain how to tether your Polycom handset to your PC/Laptop.
1. Firstly you will need to Download BToE on your PC, enter the Link below on to your internet browser:
2. This will take you to the Polycom Support page, under software downloads you will see 'Polycom Better Together over Ethernet Connector (BToE) Application', choose the latest version and install on your PC.
Note: For the BToE to work fully with PC's or laptops they need to connect through the same Ethernet connection as the Polycom device and "daisy chained", meaning if you are connected to the network through WiFi, the software won't see the device connected. If you are having issues with the device not syncing, please see the following:
1. Make sure that the PC/laptop Ethernet is connected to the back of the handset and the Polycom handset is connected to the network (‘LAN’ port at the back of the handset)
2. Make sure that Polycom BToE is installed on the machine, by either going to start, programs, Polycom, Polycom BToE Connector and that is running in the system tray, see image below of what should show:
Use the following solutions as a guide to resolving issues, problems, or common difficulties while installing the Polycom BToE Connector or pairing your devices.
The Polycom BToE Connector failed to start.
If the Polycom BToE Connector successfully installs, but the application fails to start or you experience other application related failures, uninstall the Polycom BToE Connector and reinstall the application.
If the application still does not start or you experience other related issues, find the log file showing the failed to start error and raise a support ticket. The technical support representative needs the log file to understand why the application failed to start.
You can find the log file at:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Polycom\Polycom BToE Connector
My phone isn’t pairing with my computer.
Make sure that the Ethernet cable is plugged into the PC port on the phone. If a warning icon displays in your phone’s status bar, you can view warning messages by selecting Settings > Status > Diagnostics > Warnings. If the warning message states that the phone was unable to pair, you need to ensure that Polycom BToE Connector is an allowed program in your system’s firewall on your computer.
To check whether Polycom BToE Connector is an allowed program:
- Select Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
- Click Change Settings, as shown in the following figure.
- Search for Polycom BTOE Connector in the list of applications and check Domain, Home/Work, and Public
- Click OK.
Return to Pairing Your Computer and Phone and follow the steps for pairing your Polycom phone with your computer.
You can find the Polycom BtoE guide at:
Configure BTOE Logging Levels
The BTOE logging level can be configured in the registry:
Open the Windows Registry Editor:
- For 64bit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Polycom > Polycom BToE Connector.
- For 32bit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Polycom > Polycom BToE Connector.
Change Logging Levels:
Please change the “LogLevel” registry value to 4 (debug) or 5 (Verbose Debug).
|3||LOG_LEVEL||Log level (0 – 5)||0 – Any|
|1 – Err|
|2 – WRN|
|3 – Info|
|4 – DBG|
|5 – VDBG|
Restart the BToE application after this change.