If our Help Desk has requested for you to collect the client logs from your Skype for Business Client, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to Skype for Business Settings, under General and check if Skype for Business logging is set to Full .
2. Close the Skype for Business client (Check processes in Task Manager and force close Lync.exe).
3. Open this folder as below based on the Skype for Business version being used:
Office/Skype for Business 2015 - "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\"
Office/Skype for Business 2016 - "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\"
(this folder will be "hidden", copy and paste the path within the quotes in Windows Explorer).
4. Delete any folders that have the name sip_username (this is the local cache of the Skype for Business client).
5. Delete the contents of the folder Tracing.
6. Start Skype for Business and try to sign in using your SIP address.
7. Try to reproduce the error/issue.
8. After you get the error, please take a screenshot of the error.
9. Exit the Skype for Business client.
10. Go back to the following folder depending on the version below:
Office/Skype for Business 2015 - "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\Tracing"
Office/Skype for Business 2016 - "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing"
Select all files within the folder and send them to a ZIP archive.
11. Open/Run the Skype for Business client, and after the Skype for Business icon appears in the taskbar, Ctrl+Right Click the icon, and further click Configuration information.
12. When the Skype for Business Configuration Information window opens, please click the Refresh button and then the Copy button in the lower part of the window and Paste the copied contents into a text file and save it.