Users logging in to Skype for Business 2016 MSI are unable to log in and receive the following error.
- Clear the local Skype for Business cache - Click here for instructions.
- Make sure Skype for Business is not running.
- Open File Explorer with Administrator Privileges and navigate to
- 32 Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE16
- 64 Bit - C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE16
- Locate ADAL.dll and rename to ADAL.dll.old
- Download the relevant Zip file and extract ADAL.dll
- Copy ADAL.dll to
- 32 Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16
- 64 Bit - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16
- Open Skype for Business and sign in.
If you continue to experience issues after applying this fix, please contact VIA Support.